Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Welcome

Hey y'all!! Is everyone getting ready for Easter? I know I am!!(as I smell brownies baking) I am busy baking desserts, but I was able to squeeze in some picture taking.

Our porch is decorated in more of a rabbit theme because I just love rabbits. As a little girl I would catch rabbits in my grandmas yard... Yes you read that right I use to catch wild rabbits and keep them as pets. I have no clue how I did this considering I was only 4 or 5 and they are so fast! Anywho... Back to the porch! I decided to make a burlap garland around the door and add two colors of ribbon both burlap! I made the carrots from burlap also. The eggs are from Dollar Tree and I wrapped them in different color twine! I love them so much! I got the burlap, ribbon, twine, and mossy vine from Paul Michael's!

The wreath is covered with burlap then I added some green burlap ribbon and then made a puffy bow. I added left over eggs and some pieces of the mossy vine.

I love having a pillow on my bench even if it is a small one. I made this one from an image off the Internet. I printed it out on iron on paper and applied it to my pillow. Then I added a few twine eggs and those cute carrots! I wanted a little nest somewhere on the porch so I added a Dollar Tree one and a fuzzy little chick!

I already had the rabbit and the birdhouse. The rabbit was my grandmas. My sister and I had gotten it for her. The flower in the galvanized bucket is a peace lily. What better flower than that to represent Easter! After all this is a holiday to celebrate Jesus. To me when I think of Jesus I think of peace. I know he was a calm man and anyone around him was probably in a very peaceful state. Oh to have that kind of peace.



I had more plans and big ideas but with March being a month full of events my time was limited. I love how it all came together! The best part was that it didn't cost a whole lot. I did make mostly everything and let me tell ya it saves me lots of money! Tomorrow I hope to show you my entry table!! Xoxo-Sarah


Green Willow Pond

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Easter display. I love the bunny pillow! Did you get the image from Graphic's Fairy? Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete